As you know, New York is the epicenter of the Pandemic and we face a potentially devastating threat to the senior population we serve. At Glen Arden, we are committed to doing everything in our power to protect the health and well-being of our residents.
We will continue to monitor and follow the guidelines of Governor Cuomo and the advice of public health officials and the Center of Disease Control. We have implemented the following procedures for the protection of our residents and employees: Update as of July 24, 2020
- Visiting for Independent living is open. Check in at front desk for Health Screen. Limited to 2 visitors, masks, no visitors from quarantined states.
- Healthcare providers, personal aides and caregivers will be permitted in the building, with proper screening
- Currently visiting in the EHU is by appointment. Call front desk M-F between 8-4. Outdoor visits only. Maximum 2 people. 30 minutes.
- Health Care Center not open for visitation.
We would like to thank all our staff and dedicated health-care professionals that continue to serve 24/7, for their relentless dedication, passion and incomparable care. Thank You!!
We will continue to enforce this monitoring and all our procedures to help combat this catastrophic virus (COVID-19) and protect our residents and employees.
We feel confident that together, with the renewed sense of community and shared empathy for one and other, we will succeed.
Glen Arden EHU/HCC
VISITATION PROTOCOL FACT SHEET
- Limited visitation may change at any time at the discretion of the DOH or the facility
- If staff or resident’s test positive; in-person visitation will be suspended for 28 days from the date the positive test was reported on the DOH HERDS survey
- All visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to resident access and visitation will be refused if the individual(s) exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms; or do not pass the screening questions. Please reschedule your visit if you are not feeling well!
- All visitors will have their temperature taken prior to visitation, if a visitor has a fever ≥ 100.0 F then they will not be allowed to visit
- Visitors must complete the documentation screening before the visit can occur; including contact information
- Visitation will be held Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 11:00 am and 1 :00 pm – 4:00 pm.
- The visitation area will be cleaned and disinfected after each visit
- Visitation is limited to the outdoor designated area, weather permitting. In case of inclement weather visit will be rescheduled.
- Appointments must be made in advance by phoning the front desk at 845-360-1400 M-F between 8-4.
- Limited visitation will include family members and health care proxy’s as a priority and loved ones secondary
- No more than 10 percent (10%) of the residents shall have visitors at any one time and only two visitors will be allowed per resident at any one time
- Visitors must always wear a facemask while on the premises-if you do not have one, a mask will be provided
- As tolerated, the resident must also wear a facemask
- Floor markings and social distancing must be adhered to during visitation
- Hand hygiene must be practiced with alcohol-based hand rub provided
- Visitation is strictly prohibited in resident rooms or care areas
- If a resident is in a 14-day quarantine or observation period, visitation is not permitted
- If any visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, he/she/they will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 State declared public health emergency.
- Visitors from the New York State restricted states can not visit until the state restriction is lifted.